With the most advanced collection of features to date, the Daiwa 2020 Saltiga Spinning Reels usher in the new decade by setting a new standard for offshore spinning reel capability. Since its inception, the Saltiga series has redefined what spinning tackle is capable by enabling blue-water anglers to target the most massive pelagic species with confidence. With a completely re-engineered design, the newest generation of Saltiga Spinning Reels not only enhances power and performance, but also offers a brand new range of sizing to fit a variety of offshore techniques. At the core of the Saltiga’s overhaul is the implementation of Daiwa’s signature Monocoque body design seen previously in their flagship level inshore reels. This single piece body design is precision machined from high-strength aluminum to greatly increase strength and rigidity, while providing space to hold much larger internal gearing components. The Monocoque body also assists in preventing water intrusion by eliminating the use of screws to hold the body together. Housed within the single piece body is an all-new G1 Duralumin drive gear that boats a 12% diameter size increase over the drive gear found in the 2015 Saltiga, along with a thicker gear width, doubling the strength of its predecessor.
Offering truly unrivaled fish stopping power, Daiwa’s engineers have redesigned the drag stack to achieve a drag that is ten times more durable than that of the 2015 iteration. By adding more drag washers and slightly decreasing their diameter, the workload is more evenly spread across the drag stack, allowing the drag to run incredibly smooth for a significantly longer time. A newly designed aluminum heat dissipating drag knob delivers improved cooling and heat dissipation, giving the angler a distinct advantage during long drawn out battles. When you add in the specially designed Advanced Tournament Drag grease and high density woven carbon washer material, you’re looking at perhaps the most advanced drag system ever assembled. Casting and line management are also enhanced thanks to a newly designed Long Cast ABS Spool. A maximized core spool diameter and reversed taper make 100% of your line usable, eliminating the issue of “dead” line being buried at your spool’s core. This is a particularly useful feature on a reel where you could very well need the vast majority of your spool’s line to land a fish. With a slew of other proprietary Daiwa technologies such as a twice-as-strong Aluminum Air Rotor and a Magsealed line roller and ball-bearings, the Daiwa 2020 Saltiga Spinning Reels represent the pinnacle in saltwater spinning reel performance.
Daiwa Technology Found In 2020 Saltiga Spinning Reels:
- Monocoque Body – Monocoque Body refers to the use of a one-piece frame and reel body. A single piece body allows for exceptional strength and rigidity, better spatial efficiency for housing larger gears, improved water resistance with the absence of screws, and significant weight reduction.
- ATD Drag – The Advanced Tournament Drag system uses a new proprietary grease that enables the reel to apply smooth and consistent start up drag pressure from the first pull, eliminating the stop and go pulling of drag that can result in broken lines and lost fish.
- MagSeal – MagSeal is the process of using MagOil, a special liquid developed through space engineering, to create a water and dust resistant barrier. Unlike rubber seals, MagOil will not effect the rotational performance of a reel. This creates a seal that allows the reel to maintain a light and smooth rotation for optimal performance.
- DigiGear – The all-new DigiGear is precision machine cut and polished. This results in unmatched efficiency, better transfer of energy, and maximum smoothness.
- Air Rotor – The Air Rotor weighs up to 15% less than ordinary rotor designs. Its unique shape reduces unnecessary weight while distributing stress more evenly throughout the rotor for maximum strength.
- Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings – Corrosion Resistant Ball Bearings boast a lifespan up to 12 times longer than traditional stainless steel bearings.